Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rolling Hills of Southern Ohio

Rolling Hills of Southern Ohio 3.5" x 2.5" oil on canvas
This is another little guy I did, I like to put these tiny things on mini easels. I caught this scene while visiting family in Gallipolis. While driving down, I love watching the transition from flat land into rolling hills. This was a prototype for "Ohio Hills," I feel disappointed that I prefer this little oil sketch to the 8"x 10" version I did, but it happens. The works that I finish quickly tend to be more successful because I'm making fast decisions, which allows for a more cohesive result. I can generalize more sufficiently if I rush myself with the actual painting; however, I've found that at the drawing stage you need to be very accurate, a successful painting is always supported by good drawing.
Click to Bid!

No comments:

Post a Comment