Sunday, April 1, 2012

Primavera

Primavera 6" x 12" oil on 1/2" cradled masonite
This is directly out of my window, great view right? It's actually the same tree as in "Spring Showers," the tree has changed a lot since March 13th. I've always thought that branches are poetic in how they reach for the sun, all of that chaotic fractal geometry. I also like that there are branches inside of us, in our lungs. I was also keeping in mind impressionistic techniques in order to depict fleeting moments. I think of my paintings as really joyful things, a celebration of life and all that. I always tend to associate with Matisse, who wished to create a spiritual remedy, similar to a comfortable chair. I suppose I like painting joyful things because it's what I look for when I'm looking at art.

No comments:

Post a Comment