Tuesday, December 13, 2011

White Abyss

White Abyss 7" x 5", acrylic on masonite
I've found that I am fond of patches of trees as well as vast fields. I plan to do a series in which I zero in on the forest, kind of like an abyss. There is a poem by Robert Frost called "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening," in which he calls the woods "dark, deep and lovely." I like paintings that have a quiet and pondering mood. My teachers often said that you can choose to either shout at the world or whisper to it. I might be in the latter category.
This painting called "The Lost Jockey" by Rene Magritte is my favorite in terms of snowy scenes. I like how the trees look like the structure of a leaf, veins and all. I think that paintings and poems have a lot in common.

2 comments:

  1. I love this painting! The trees are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, it's moi...Tara
    You should put this on Daily Paintworks

    ReplyDelete