Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rose in Repose

Rose in Repose 3.5" x 2.5" oil on canvas
This painting is just a tiny thing, it looks really cute on one of those mini-easels they sell for $2 at art supply stores. I'm very excited because I finally signed up for dailypaintworks.com, it's an art auction site that feels a lot like an art community. I think I'll get a lot of motivation from their weekly challenges. Daily painting is a very good practice to get into; it makes it so painting becomes a natural and fluid practice. I had a teacher that used a personal example talking about daily practices, he said that he lived with a lot of trees in his backyard and there was always a mountain of leaves to clean up. He said that it is more productive to chip at it everyday rather than all at once, you can enjoy better that way. I always think back to my lessons in school and understand things a bit more readily.

No comments:

Post a Comment